Fragrant Iced Chair Cover
We all love the crisp white bedding, that smell of freshly washed sheets as we slide in on a cold winters night....
But what do you do when the love affair ends, damaged, tarnished by years of love and ready for the bin?
You cook up a recipe!
This little treat will use the edges of your bedsheet and create a delicious chair cover, iced with a fragrant bow.
- 2 well used bed sheets
- 1 Pair of Scissors
- 1 Sewing Machine (threaded works best!)
- 1 Meter of something sumptuous for each chair
- A handful of herbs for seasoning
- Remove the two longest edges of the bedsheet (make the strips as wide as possible)
- Measure your chair in width, your fabric strips must be wider than this.
- Chefs tips : If you need to sew two strips to- gether ensure the seam is either diagonal or central so it looks like a design feature!
- Using the fabric strip lay it over the chair from top to floor, this is your measurement for length.
- Ensure you add seam allowance so its not too snug when you coat the chair!
- Fold the strip in half length ways and sew down the sides so you can slip it over the top of the chair like the icing on the cake!
The icing on the chair
This is the sumptuous layer that will tie around your chair and make it an extra special treat.
Using your imagination explore what you have around you , net curtains, silky bedsheets anything big enough to act as a ribbon around your chair.
- Taking fabric strips decide how wide you want your sash to be
- Scrunch them up, smooth them flat, its up to you...
- Place a handfulof herbs from your window box or garden into the strip before you wrap it around the chair.
- Chefs tip : we like rosemary, lavender, lemon verbenas or mint.
- Wrap around the front of the chair and tie at the back
As your guests get warmed up the aroma of herbs will fill the room delicately.